ECommerce Product Photography | The Ghost Mannequin Effect
by Sarah Boothe
The ghost mannequin effect allows you to take multiple photographs of a product on a model or mannequin, and then combine the photos to remove the model or mannequin in post-production processing. This special effect can be used to show off your products in various settings that are impossible to recreate with real people (such as on top of the ocean or inside a volcano). The end result is product photography that looks very natural, without being too distracting and without breaking any laws! Our Service : [ https://www.clippingnext.com/ghost-mannequin-service/]
How does the technique work?
1. Create a full-body shot of your model or mannequin using a slow shutter speed, so you can capture any subtle movements made by your subject.
2. Next, focus on capturing multiple shots from different angles and distances—the more photos you have, the more creative you can get with combining them in post-production to clean up your product.
Benefits and Uses
So why might you want to use ghost mannequin photography? Here are a few of its benefits and uses… The ghost mannequin effect allows you to take multiple photographs of a product on a model or mannequin, and then combine the photos to remove the model or mannequin in post-production processing. This makes it easier to create more than one image with different products placed in different areas of a scene.
Important Considerations for Ghost Mannequin Images
Your model’s body must be visible, but their facial features must not be. Use a blank, headless mannequin or remove your model’s head and replace it with that of a mannequin.
Example Tips for Taking Products Photos using This Technique
1. You can use a large number of images to produce stunning results – you only need one product in each image, so taking several shots of your products on one mannequin can provide multiple angles and views without having to have a model change clothing or position.
2. Don’t hide your mannequins behind glass or other reflective surfaces as it can really impact how well they blend with your photos.
3. Use a tripod and remote shutter release to avoid camera shake, which can ruin your photos.
4. Don’t have a mannequin? Don’t worry! You can use any object that is close in color to your product and stands still when you take photos of it – for example, if you are selling jewelry, try using an egg or marble as a substitute mannequin.
How to use it with Shopify Apps (Shopify image editing)
When you’re editing an image for a product listing on Shopify, there are two main ways to approach your edits. You can apply them directly to your product image, or you can create a new image by duplicating your product photo and then applying those edits to that duplicate photo. This is known as using a ghost mannequin effect. Let’s take a look at how it works, and which approach makes more sense depending on your needs and preferences.
If you plan to do product photography for your business, it’s essential that you create a consistent look throughout your catalog. To do so, consider ghost mannequin effect images when shooting products. This will give your catalog a more professional, commercial feel and help convince shoppers that they’re browsing through a genuine photo gallery of products instead of clicking through an ecommerce site. Even small details make all the difference!
April 28, 2022
April 22, 2022